"Friend of the Consumer" Awards
Each year, ACC presents its "Friend of the Consumer" Awards. This prestigious award recognizes manufacturers, retailers, and other organizations that produce or sell products in the United States that meet or exceed federally-mandated standards.
Each year, ACC awards numerous "Friend of the Consumer" Awards to deserving companies and organizations because they have "demonstrated a commitment to American consumers by providing a specific product or service that fosters consumer confidence and market acceptance."
To apply for the "Friend of the Consumer" award, complete the application and return it to ACC with the application fee. Applicants will be notified within 45 days of receipt of their award application as to whether or not their application earned one of the following:
Application Review Process
- No award recognition due to insufficient application data or noncompliance with award criteria.
- Bronze-level Award for meeting the minimum award criteria
- Silver-level Award for exceeding the award criteria
- Gold-level Award for being recognized as a best-in-class product or service based on the award criteria.
ACC has established a fair and impartial application review process as follows:
"FRIEND OF THE CONSUMER" AWARD APPLICATION
- An independent panel of up to four judges will review your application over a six-week period.
- Judges will independently score each application category listed below on a scale of 1 (unacceptable) to 5 (outstanding practice).
- Judges will meet to reach a consensus score on each application. Based on the weight and scoring of each category, applications will be ranked and an award recommendation will be given by the Board of Judges.
- ACC will notify each applicant of their application status and the final decision of the Board of Judges as soon as the application review Process is complete.
- ACC will mail both the award and a framed certificate to successful applicants. Applicants may request a ceremonial presentation and ACC will work with those applicants to accommodate such requests.
Division or Business Unit:
Senior Executive's Name:
City: State: Zip:
Name of Product/Service to be Recognized:
Please address the following Award Criteria in no more than seven pages
(not including a Supplemental Section):
- Describe the history of your product/service. (Photos may be attached as part of the Application Supplement)
- Describe how does your product/service benefits American Consumers?
- Describe how your product or service has met or exceeded reliability and safety requirements for consumers?
- Please describe the various ways you have tested for reliability and safety of this product/service.
- Describe your product/services level of consumer acceptance in terms of sales or market-share vis-à-vis the competition.
- If your company has been subject to any litigation as a result of this product or service, please list all such incidents including consumer or government lawsuits, product/service recalls, or warnings issued by a government agency pertaining to your product/service (detailed information may be included as part of the Supplemental Section).
- Describe why you feel this product/service is worthy of being designated a recipient of the "Friend of the Consumer" Award.
(Make checks payable to "ACC")
Small Manufacturer/Service Company (under 100
employees) = $500.
Large Manufacturer/Service Company (over 101 employees) = $750.
Please return four (4) copies of your completed application
with the application fee to:
American Consumer Council
P.O. Box 503016
San Diego, CA 92150-3016