ADA Compliance Statement:
The American Consumer Council and our local consumer councils are committed to the principle of equal access for consumers
with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
We have accessibility experts on staff who are available to help prospective members enroll in our organization and answer any questions.
Consumers are able to contact us through a variety of methods including email
(Info@AmericanConsumerCouncil.org) and our toll-free telephone at 1-800-544-0414.
How to Become a Member:
CCC Membership Eligibility Requirements:
Regular membership is available to any California consumer who currently uses or
has purchased a major consumer product or service* [see list below] within three
years of submitting their application for membership; and, supports the
objectives of CCC; and, pays the required dues; and, and is a citizen of the
United States of America or a legal visitor in the United States; and, can prove
their residency status through a government-issued identification if requested.
*Eligible Products or Services. A major consumer product or service is defined
herein as, but not limited to, any of the following: motor vehicle, housing,
medical services, financial services, insurance, education, transportation,
personal services, apparel, recreation and communications or technology
Three ways to join:
1. Join for $8.00 - if
you currently use or have used a major consumer product or service in the past
12 months, you can join CCC or your state consumer council for $8.00!
2. Lifetime Members -
The lifetime cost of membership is $15.00.
3. Business -
Membership Participation: (Optional)
We encourage and invite new members to get involved with the California Consumer
Council through our committees and programs. Below is a list of committees and
activities we offer. Please check a committee you would like to serve on, or an
activity you would like to participate in:
Activities and Committees are optional.
We provide each new member with a membership certificate and number, monthly
consumer bulletins, and additional benefits as they become available through our
corporate sponsors and affiliates. We also invite you to take advantage of our
financial education workshops designed to help consumers make smart choices in
building their financial future. Please check all the appropriate
boxes to help us qualify you for membership.
- FOOD AND BEVERAGES (breakfast cereal, milk, coffee, chicken, wine, full service meals and snacks);
- HOUSING (rent of primary residence, owners' equivalent rent, fuel oil, bedroom furniture);
- APPAREL (men's shirts and sweaters, women's dresses, jewelry);
- TRANSPORTATION (new vehicles, airline fares, gasoline, motor vehicle insurance);
- MEDICAL CARE (prescription drugs and medical supplies, physicians' services, eyeglasses and eye care, hospital services);
- RECREATION (televisions, cable television, pets and pet products, sports equipment, admissions);
- EDUCATION AND COMMUNICATION (college tuition, postage, telephone services, computer software and accessories);
- OTHER GOODS AND SERVICES (tobacco and smoking products, haircuts and other personal services, funeral expenses).
- Financial Services
- Insurance Products